Case sounds connections to Mobo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tacocaster

Hey gang, I just got my new computer and everything is working, so far, they way I expect it to. Anyways, the case has external jacks for a microphone, headphones, USB ports, and an IEEE1934 port. Right now I have the USB working properly and I would like to get the MIC and PHONES jacks up and running. My problem is the mobo manual (ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe) doesn't really help me out that much. I was wondering if anyone knew of a site where I could go to look at this information. Thanks in advance.

Tacocaster

They are black individual pin connectors. One says Ear L, Ear R, MIC, etc. So I have to put each one of those on the motherboard. I think I know where, but I don't know where to put each one.

Assuming that the motherboard pins are the same as most other ASUS boards and of course there is a pin layout in the manual, if you look at the front panel connector on the motherboard the BLine Out and Line Out pins are jumpered. You may need to keep these jumpered when hooking up the case plugs and then the Ear left and right connectors from the case would connect there. How many case connectors are there?----------
Sorry have to run will be back later.

Tacocaster

I haven't hadtime to look into this yet. Give me a couple of days and I'll let you know about the connectors. And you are right, there are two jumpers installed already on the mobo.

Tacocaster

Alright, the motherboard does have two jumpers on it. My case connections are as follows. MIC VCC, MIC-IN, Ear L, Ear R, Return L, Return R, Ground. So in the mobo manual I it lists these pins:

BLINE_OUT_L . . Line out_L
. NC
BLINE_OUT_R . . Line out_R
+5VA . . MICPWR
AGND . . MIC2

I believe the top two mins are jumpered along with the BLINE_OUT_R and Line out_R. So what goes where?

* .'s are the pins.

Tacocaster said:
Alright, the motherboard does have two jumpers on it. My case connections are as follows. MIC VCC, MIC-IN, Ear L, Ear R, Return L, Return R, Ground. So in the mobo manual I it lists these pins:

BLINE_OUT_L . . Line out_L
. NC
BLINE_OUT_R . . Line out_R
+5VA . . MICPWR
AGND . . MIC2

I believe the top two mins are jumpered along with the BLINE_OUT_R and Line out_R. So what goes where?

* .'s are the pins.
Sorry for bringing up old posts, but I've run into this exact same problem. Does anyone have any idea what pins go into what slots?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online