1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Case wires....needed? HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ryo, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ryo

Ryo Thread Starter

Hello. I am in the process of building my 1st computer and I currently have 7 case wires not plugged into the motherboard. They are labeled:
    Mic-In
    Mic-Out
    L-In
    L-Out
    R-IN
    R-Out
    Gnd

I am pretty sure that these are the Front Audio connections, however my mobo manual doesn't clearly explain where these should be hooked onto the motherboard.

Thank you for your help and your patience with my lack of knowledge.

2. norton850

norton850

There may or may not be a place to plug these in. What is the make and model of your motherboard.

3. Arcadion

Arcadion

I wouldn't bother with them unless you really want to plug your headphones/speakers/etc. into the front of your case instead of the back. They aren't vital to the running of your computer.

4. DZ007

DZ007

I'm pretty sure your right. :D I just plugged mine in today :D they're exactly the same. Anywayz, to use them you have to have a mobo that supports front panel audio connectors. look at the motherboard layout for your motherboard and look for them. that's the best advise I can give you. If you can't find anything then it's probably because your mobo doesn't have that feature. good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/321596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice