cassettes to CDs doesnt exist!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

adam12

Can anyone tell me why it is 'taboo' for companies to make a stereo or 'ghetto-blaster' that has dubbing for cassette to CD-R?
They make VCR to DVD dubbing/recording, and in the old days they made cassette to cassette dubbing, and that was OK!?!?
Doest make sense?!!%$#@
:mad:

Probably copyright laws. As VCR's record home movies, they allow you to record them for keepsake.
Most cassette tapes were recorded for music, and at a poor quality. Also, with cassette becoming obsolete, they probably assumed that it would be a waste of their time and resources to do it. After all, in comparison, and taking inflation etc. into consideration, it would be cheaper for you to buy the original CD anyway.

And, I know they used to make units that did record casette to CD.

adam12

OK, so if thats the case, then why dont they make a radio/gheto-blaster that can transfer a CD to a CDR?
There is something about CD recording for music that is taboo, and Im trying to figure this out. How could dual cassette decks been so popular in the 80's and NOBODY ever made dual CD decks so that we could record onto CDs....even for radio to CD.
It just doesnt make sense, [email protected]@@##$$%

They do make them...or at least they used too. I know, because I used to work in retail, and we used to stock it. It's been a while since I left that industry so I don't know if it, or similar, is still available.
You are correct though, after all, they make audio CD writers, as well as CD-R drives etc.
Like I said earlier though, it is probably a resource measure.
If you really need to know, than perhaps you could contact the manufacturers yourself as, since I don't think that anyone here would really be qualified to give you the correct answer, the answer you will get, would probably be a 'best guess'.

LD.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Now we have computers. Who would buy a stand-alone music device that would just copy CDs or single tracks from CDs to blanks?

DoubleHelix

Banned
I doubt there's a large enough market to warrant manufacturing such a device.

JohnWill said:
Don't you have a computer? How did you post here? :)
I meant HE might not have one! Geez.... :rolleyes:

He may be borrowing...or using an internet cafe...or...something! :p

I dunno... :confused:

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
That's why he has a friend like you, to use their computer to do tasks like this. :D

JohnWill said:
That's why he has a friend like you, to use their computer to do tasks like this. :D
I don't think so! ;)

I'm not putting any junk onto my 'putas (unless it's my junk!), and no-one uses it them unless I'm here! :p

*unless my parents visit...then my mother TELLS me what go into my putas! ;) :p

Hey - my friend??? :confused: I don't even know this person!! :mad: :p :p

adam12

my opinion,
is that with all the musicians against free downloads, they couldnt exactly just let the public record onto cd-r in the simplest form.

BTW......
Little Den..what is that a picture of????? is it a snowman that turns into a boy (like pinocchio?) b/c the nose looks like a carrot you would put on a snowman.. let me know!
:confused:

Hi Adam..and welcome to TGS too!

The picture is a cartoon pic of the New Zealand native bird...the kiwi.

Heres a pic of the real thing for ya!

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online