casual reasoning in computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

punjabian263

Hello guys,

I want to know about casual reasoning in computer and their examples
any help will be very appreciated.

jiml8

I have no idea what that means. Wonder if he means "causal", but if so it still doesn't make sense.

Is this what you are looking for?

causal reasoning: A form of reasoning that is used in artificial intelligence and is based on a causal model of the problem. A causal model attempts to represent the underlying principles in the domain or device being modeled and frequently takes the form of rules, which express causes (actions or events) and their effects.

punjabian263

No my dear, it means that what are the reasons for a computer "to disturb it or stop working without any reason"

Do you mean your computer is broken?

No offense, but maybe you should find a friend who has a better grasp of English. What is needed is not "how-to-order-a-cup-of-coffee" English, but "how-to-explain-technical-details" English.

Use small words. It is all right to use the wrong words. But we need to know what you are talking about.

ਕੈੰ ਯੋਊ ਰਾਦ ਠੀਸ?

punjabian263

Dear Elvandil, I try to explain it, e.g.
I have a pet with me in my home and the door is knocked. I go to open the door and my pet also goes with me, suddenly he see a cat and he goes to catch it, the cat runs and jump over the milk pot and milk flows over the ground.
So in this sense what problems can be created while working on the computer in this sense.
Hope you get me.
Thanks

valis

Got nothing. Did milk get spilled on the computer? Did the dog knock the pc over? Is there a specific computer problem you can point to?

jiml8

I think the question is: "what can go wrong if you make a mistake while working on a computer, or if something inadvertent occurs?". The answer, of course, is another question: "how high is up?"

What I posted was indeed in the right direction.
Causal reasoning is method of deduction used to determine the cause of an incident or event.
An example of this form of reasoning:
EVENT: The video card in my computer overheated and burned out.
Causal reasoning would say that because there was electricity applied to the computer, the card was able to over heat and burn out. If the cause is eliminated, the event will not occur. That may be a bit extreme of an example, but it is the gist of that form of reasoning.
Causal reasoning fails on many levels, but it is a common practice by most people. Here's another example. Someone tells you that a man died in a car accident. Causal reasoning says that the accident caused his death, this may be true to some degree. A medical examiner might list the cause of death as heart failure brought about by the trauma of the accident, again also true to some degree. It can become a matter of semantics.
Personally I say Causal Reasoning has no place in computer science. It is a poor method of trouble-shooting a set of circumstances that lead to an event. It is unscientific, and a very poor use of logic. That may just be my opinion, but I will stick to half-splitting any day.

The reason this is becoming an issue in computer driven technologies is it's applications in Artificial Intelligence. The last thing anyone would want to see would be a FireFighting Robotic device basically shut down it's functions while it attempts to diagnose and repair some minor sensor glitch. As long as computer systems continue to "think" in serial methods, true "multi-tasking" and prioritizing can be compromised and redundancy can overwhelm the technology.
I believe there is some application for Causal Reasoning in "Auto-Correction" used by most word processing systems, but don't hold me to that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online