1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

catalyst 3.8 and DS

Discussion in 'Games' started by cougar_1, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cougar_1

cougar_1 Thread Starter

I recently installed the new cat 3.8 drivers on my pc. For some reason (maybe related) Dungeon Siege flahes black often. Could it be that v-syn is on and im running my monitor at 1024x768 @ 85hz? Im open to any suggestions.

2. rejects4all

rejects4all

3. McTimson

McTimson

What video card are you running?

I would uninstall those drivers, they've killed tons of monitors so far, and can do some very bad things...not worth the risk, at least that's what I think.

4. JayTheHun

JayTheHun

That refresh rate sounds deadly for his/her monitor, aye. Catalyst, I believe, are the reference drivers from ATI, sort of like nVidia's Detonator drivers.

5. McTimson

McTimson

Yea, but ATi messed up when they released them, those drivers have destroyed at least somewhere around 200 monitors, because instead of the drivers looking for the normal resolution/refresh list in the monitor, they take the secondary list. Since many monitors don't have a secondary list, the driver starts from its' own max resolution (like 2048 with a 200khz refresh)...thus overloading the monitor, and then, bam, it's gone.

6. JayTheHun

JayTheHun

Ok, I happened to receive my AIW Radeon 9600 Pro a day early. I installed the drivers and the default set refresh rate was 75. Not bad.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice