Catalyst Control Center

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Deke40

I have a new Toshiba that came preloaded with a lot of stuff that I will never use.

The Catalyst Control Center is one of them. I tried uninstalling it using the built in uninstall program and during the uninstall it apperared that my pc went into safe mode without a restart. Is that possible?

After the uninstall and the required reboot it still looked like I was in safe mode-enlarged icons and kind of fuzzy. I probably should have just shutdown and restarted but did a system restore and everything came back to normal.

Just wondering if I should try again with a shutdown and restart after uninstall as I can't see me ever using this program.

From what I can understand it gives me a greater control of the graphics end of my pc.

Uninstalling the Catalyst Control Center probably uninstalled the video drivers. If the uninstall doesn't have an options section to allow you to specify which components to uninstall (Usually given a choice of Express or Custom (Un)Install), you'll need to re-install just the video drivers after uninstalling the Catalyst Control Center. If the Toshiba web site doesn't have a download for just the drivers without the Catalyst Control Center, you should be able to get the driver from the ATI web site.

HTH

Jerry

Deke40

Thank for the info and thank Goodness for system restore.:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online