1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Catalyst Control Centre: Host application has stopped working

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by takedown, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. takedown

takedown Thread Starter

In windows 7, I keep getting a windows box that pops saying "Catalyst Control Centre: Host application has stopped working". In the body of the box it says: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

It seaches for a solution but does not come back with one. Any ideas?

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You could try removing your ATI Display Adapter Driver and installing the latest one from the ATI website.

3. takedown

takedown Thread Starter

I went into device manager. Under display adapter, I right clicked ATI Radeon HD5770 and selected "update driver software". It said" the best driver software for my device is already installed. Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date." (The driver version is 8.712.1.0.)

4. Phantom010

In that case, uninstall and reinstall the driver (Catalyst Control Centre is part of it).

5. takedown

takedown Thread Starter

I actually did one step better. I went onto the ATI site and downloaded a newer version of the driver (don't know why Win 7 couldn't see this) along with the updated catalyst control software suite.

Still getting the same message.:confused:

6. Phantom010

It's always better to look for the driver yourself than to rely on Microsoft.

7. Phantom010

Is there something like ATI – Software Uninstall Utility in "Programs and Features"? You might want to try removing everything and reinstalling.

8. pubtech

pubtech

9. takedown

takedown Thread Starter

I have 64 bit. so you want me to download and install the 64 bit full package and then run the driver sweeper and then uninstall ATI in contol panel. And then run ATI hot fix. I am sorry, but I don't really understand.

10. pubtech

pubtech

download all first.

install driversweeper. ( don't use yet.!)

uninstall ATI and CCC (catalyst control center).

boot into safemode and run driversweeper. ( select ati ))

install new software. sorry, i should have said read directions at g3d.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/948563