1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CATALYST Windows XP 4.7 - Driver question

Discussion in 'Games' started by mrcoons, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrcoons

mrcoons Thread Starter

I installed Doom 3 yesterday and occasionally have the problem with it just crashing back to the desktop. So in reading the many posts in this forum I downloaded the Cat 4.7 driver. But in a number of posts I have seen folks say that they did or did not uninstall the previous version of the driver.

Which is correct? ATI's instructions say to uninstall the old. (I need to hunt thru the stuff I got from Dell to find the old drivers just in case I have to revert.)

See the attachment for my current version.

Attached Files:

2. Topato

Topato

install 4.9 over your old drivers. it works well.

3. mrcoons

mrcoons Thread Starter

All I see on the ATI web site is the 4.6 and 4.7 version of the driver. Where is the 4.9 at?

4. Topato

Topato

5. mrcoons

mrcoons Thread Starter

Thanks Topato. I have 4.9 downloaded and as soon as I am sure I know how to revert I'll give it a try. Thanks again for the assistance.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/259130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice