1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Catch-Up TV Sites in Browsers

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by IanRM2005, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IanRM2005

IanRM2005 Thread Starter

Hi

I'm in the UK and use Windows 7 Professional.

I have 3 browsers, Vivaldi, Maxthon & Internet Explorer. I use the All4 catch-up website for Channel 4 once a week but it will only work properly in Internet Explorer. Obviously as IE has recently had a security scare I'd like to stop using it ASAP, so is there any other way I can use All4 in Vivaldi or Maxthon? What might be stopping it working?

I've tried everything I can think of, like making sure flash is enabled (and surely if flash is an issue All4 won't run on many browsers now as most of them have blocked flash?) and switching off my adblocker on that page. Is there anything else I can do to get it to run in a (supposedly!) more stable browser, please?

Thanks very much for your help,

Ian.

2. dotty999

dotty999

First Name:
    Dotty
    The recommended browsers are
    • Google Chrome (latest version)
    • Firefox (latest version)
    • IE 11
    • Edge (latest version)
    • Safari (latest version)

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I just registered with All4 to test and it's working for me ! I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and latest Vivaldi browser.

The website asked me to enable Flash and to stop my AdBlock Plus working on the website then I could watch a program (after a couple of Ads).
    Do you perhaps have an Ad Blocker running ? What security software are you running ? (Anti-Virus etc)

I watched a bit of this (if it makes any difference) :- https://www.channel4.com/programmes/speechless/on-demand/69522-012

4. IanRM2005

IanRM2005 Thread Starter

It's working now, thank you!

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    You're welcome. :) The problem was probably at their end.

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Please click on the [Mark Solved] button at the top of your page.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice