1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

caused an invalid page fault in...

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bananaman2, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananaman2

bananaman2 Thread Starter

Dear all,

I've been reading some of the threads and just joined as a new member. I think I've got a spyware problem because the following message keeps coming up under different but very similar guises:

DIVX412BUNDLE caused an invalid page fault in
    module DIVX412BUNDLE.EXE at 015f:00404df0.
    Registers:
    EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=00404df0 EFLGS=00010246
    EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0064fda4 EBP=0064fdc8
    ECX=0040b354 DS=0167 ESI=815a416f FS=54d7
    EDX=0000eb0e ES=0167 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    8a 80 9d 00 00 00 a2 3c 20 41 00 e8 bb 1b 00 00
    Stack dump:
    00411820 00000000 00000000 815a416f 0040b354 815a416f 00000000 0040490c 0000eb0e 00000000 00404b12 00000000 0000c000 0064ff78 00012e00 000001cf

I'm sure some of you will understand this. I have uninstalled webhancer and about to restart the computer, though I need some help on how to get rid of other elements.

enclosed is also my msinfo32... registry thing

AOL 7.0 Tray Icon Startup Group "C:\AOL 6.0\aoltray.exe" -check
    MSMSGS Registry (Per-User Run) "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    Choke Registry (Per-User Run) C:\choke.exe -blahhh
    NETZIP SMARTDOWNLOADER Registry (Per-User Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\npnzdad.exe /t
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
    TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\taskmon.exe
    Atikey Registry (Machine Run) Atitask.exe
    AtiCwd32 Registry (Machine Run) Aticwd32.exe
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    TimeSink Ad Client Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\TimeSink\AdGateway\TSADBOT.EXE
    AvconsoleEXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee VirusScan\avconsol.exe /minimize
    VsStatEXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee VirusScan\VSSTAT.EXE /SHOWWARNING
    McAfeeWebScanX Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN\WebScanX.exe
    HyCD Drive Splash Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\HYCD\HYCDPL~1\Play&Record.exe /s /t0
    ftpqueue Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\WS_FTP PRO\ftpqueue.exe -tray
    StillImageMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
    SaveNow Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\SAVENOW\SaveNow.exe
    Webcelerator Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Acceleration Software\Webcelerator\webcel.exe runstart
    ddeproc Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Acceleration Software\Webcelerator\ddeproc.exe
    LoadQM Registry (Machine Run) loadqm.exe
    Detect Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\iNTERNET Turbo\iDetect.exe /auto
    WinampAgent Registry (Machine Run) "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPa.exe"
    RealTray Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
    OEMCleanup Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\OEMRESET.EXE
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    Adaptec DirectCD Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\HPCD-W~1\DIRECTCD\DIRECTCD.EXE
    HP CD-Writer Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\HP CD-Writer\Mmenu\hpcdtray.exe
    HPCDRW Reminder Registry (Machine Run) "C:\Program Files\HP CD-Writer\support\webreg\Navbrowser.exe" /r /i "C:\Program Files\HP CD-Writer\support\webreg\NavLoad.ini"
    ftpqueue Registry (Machine Service) C:\PROGRAM FILES\WS_FTP PRO\FTPSCHED.EXE
    Detect Registry (Machine Service) C:\Program Files\iNTERNET Turbo\iDetect.exe /auto
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) mstask.exe
    CSINJECT.EXE Registry (Machine Service) C:\Program Files\Norton CleanSweep\CSINJECT.EXE

I hope this helps and that someone can help.

Thanx

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Not sure if your error is being caused by Spyware but you do have some on your PC like TimeSink Client. I'd first suggest you go <a href=http://www.lavasoftusa.com/downloads.html> here </a>, then on the Right side of the page, click on the little Yellow folder next to “Ad-aware 5.62 Final” to download AAW.exe. Once you've downloaded it, double left click on it to install it. Then look for the AdAware folder in Start>Programs and execute the program. Once it launches, on the Left side of the screen, be sure to select ScanRegistry(DeepScan), ScanMemory and Scan Fixed C: Drive from the directory tree on the Left side and then click on “Scan”. When it's done scanning, click on Continue and then select everything it lists and continue on to delete and clean it up.

Let us know what happens. And when your clean of Spyware, if it still errors, that error message is being caused by a media player called "DivX Playa". Is that familiar to you?

3. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    It also appears you have a Worm on your PC, too. It's Choke.exe

You can read about it and get removal instructions <a href=http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.choke.worm.html> here</a>

When that's done I'd suggest that you install the most current "Virus Patterns" and run a virus scan to be sure your clean. Somewhere in the options for McAfee you should find an option to update the virus patterns.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice