CBS.log no [SR] entries but scan failed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I have had an issue installing 4 recent updates. The error is Code 80073712. Looking this up, it seems to be a system file issue, so I ran SFC /SCANNOW. When I review the log, there aren't any [SR] entries to indicate there is a problem with any files. I have attached the CBS.log

Does anyone have any suggestions with the CBS.log issue, and/or the above Code for the failure of the updates?

Attachments

Thanks for the quick response Valis,

I have looked at that link. I am really trying to avoid a reinstall of the OS. I have a Dell Inspiron 1110 (AKA 11z). The laptop won't boot into the recovery partition, even though the recovery partition is listed under boot options when I hit F8 when booting.

valis

no worries,sorta what we're here for. ;)

Just to clarify, you can or cannort boot into window normally?

As it's a Dell lapper, shut it down, wait 30 seconds, hold down the FN key and hit power on. This will bring up Dell's diagnostic boot, just follow the defaults and post any errors back here.

thanks,

v

The notebook boots fine, operates apparently fine, just won't do these 4 updates. it is geting a bit long in the tooth, but for web, email etc. is fine.

Will try the tools you suggested.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online