ccApp.exe Error and hang up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gwengineer

After 3 months of flawless operation my new Dell with XP and Norton Internet Security 2005 suddenly would flash ccApp.exe error message and then take about 5 minutes to shut down (several times it had not shut down after 30 minutes, so I hit the off button). I contacted MS which had a canned message to go to Symantecs (Norton). MS had obviously had this problem before. Symantec said that the ccApp.exe file was critical to Anti Virus program and to reinstall. I have done that and still have problem. Symantec suggested that I contact Dell. Dell says it is not their problem. Anyone have any ideas??

the ccapp.exe" belongs to Norton Antivirus, runs auto-protect and email checking facilities make sure that all services part of Symantec are started click on run type msconfig click on the service tab and put a check on hide all Microsoft services then make sure that all service are check part of Symantec if there are check you going to need to remove the program and the registry entry to the program and then reinstall the program if you like

gwengineer

natcom said:
the ccapp.exe" belongs to Norton Antivirus, runs auto-protect and email checking facilities make sure that all services part of Symantec are started click on run type msconfig click on the service tab and put a check on hide all Microsoft services then make sure that all service are check part of Symantec if there are check you going to need to remove the program and the registry entry to the program and then reinstall the program if you like
I have done what you suggested;but after placing check in "Hide All MS Services," I still have Script Blocking Service by Symantec in the list. I have the same problem at shut down. I am unclear from your reply what I should do now. Please elucidate!
Thanks,

ok first do a search on your system click on start search type sysmantec and delated anything it find then click on start run type regedit click on edit then click on find then type symantec delated all the registry for symantec you can backup the registry by doing a system restore before you try this also if you have not try a system restore to a day before the problem you can try that as well before doing this

gwengineer

This would uninstall all of Symantec. Then go back and reinstall? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and this did not correct problem. I will try a system restore if I can remember when it started. Right now, it seems like I have always had the problem.
Thnx for the help.

gwengineer said:
After 3 months of flawless operation my new Dell with XP and Norton Internet Security 2005 suddenly would flash ccApp.exe error message and then take about 5 minutes to shut down (several times it had not shut down after 30 minutes, so I hit the off button). I contacted MS which had a canned message to go to Symantecs (Norton). MS had obviously had this problem before. Symantec said that the ccApp.exe file was critical to Anti Virus program and to reinstall. I have done that and still have problem. Symantec suggested that I contact Dell. Dell says it is not their problem. Anyone have any ideas??
gwengineer, Let me start by saying this is the normal procedure. MS were correct to redirect you to Symantec. Symantec was correct to redirect you to DELL as they in accordance with the support agreement between Symantec and DELL and required to provide you with technical support. So, all in all, DELL are in the wrong. Symantec could have provided you only with paid support, or support via their website.

I am happy to provide you with a way to fix this, but can you confirm you are continuing to have this problem before I do so?

This can be caused by 2 things, a timing conflict upon start up where the dll loaded is conflicting by another service or application.

Alternatively, this could be caused by a corrupt installation of Norton Internet Security.

If you would like to reply, then we can go from there.

Kind Regards,
Richard Moore
Former Symantec Helpdesk Consultant

gwengineer

Yes, I am still having the problem in spite of doing all that Natcom suggested except a system restore. I do not want to lose everything I have done over the past month but I could if it came to that.
Dell is not answering and Symantec, on their Website, so far is telling me to reinstall which I have done to no avail.
The original installation of Internet Security was done by Dell at the factory. Everything worked fine until about a month ago when suddenly I could not shut down without using the off button. AutoUpDate was on and working so I do not know what came down the pipe from Symantec.
From several forums that I saw, many people are having this same problem.
I would appreciate any help you can give.
Garland Wilson
Former McAfee user and about to go back.

gwengineer said:
Yes, I am still having the problem in spite of doing all that Natcom suggested except a system restore. I do not want to lose everything I have done over the past month but I could if it came to that.
Dell is not answering and Symantec, on their Website, so far is telling me to reinstall which I have done to no avail.
The original installation of Internet Security was done by Dell at the factory. Everything worked fine until about a month ago when suddenly I could not shut down without using the off button. AutoUpDate was on and working so I do not know what came down the pipe from Symantec.
From several forums that I saw, many people are having this same problem.
I would appreciate any help you can give.
Garland Wilson
Former McAfee user and about to go back.
Firstly, could you please reply what the exact error message in relation to ccApp is and what you are doing, if anything, when this happens?

Thanks,
Richard Moore

gwengineer

rmlh said:
Firstly, could you please reply what the exact error message in relation to ccApp is and what you are doing, if anything, when this happens?

Thanks,
Richard Moore
Click on Start. Click on Turn Off Computer. Click on Turn Off.
On screen....."End Program - CCAPP.EXE Ending program" with a countdown bar. At end of countdown, new screen with "This program is not responding. To return to Windows......etc.etc. Click End Now. Desktop stays on and nothing happens for 3 to 5 minutes when shut down begins. If no shutdown after about 30 minutes, I hit the Off Button.
Also. the actual shutdown itself seems to take a long time, maybe 2 minutes.
GW

gwengineer said:
Click on Start. Click on Turn Off Computer. Click on Turn Off.
On screen....."End Program - CCAPP.EXE Ending program" with a countdown bar. At end of countdown, new screen with "This program is not responding. To return to Windows......etc.etc. Click End Now. Desktop stays on and nothing happens for 3 to 5 minutes when shut down begins. If no shutdown after about 30 minutes, I hit the Off Button.
Also. the actual shutdown itself seems to take a long time, maybe 2 minutes.
GW
gwengineer,

Thanks for replying so promptly. (y)

I have this problem at home on several pc's and I have seen this problem on other pc's I've worked on.

To be honest, I don't think it to be a major issue, obviously it stops responding while trying to shutdown. It won't cause a problem with the functionality of the software at all. In my opinion, it appears to be a problem with trying to shutdown more than 1 thing at a time, perhaps the processor can't handle it, and needs to wait. The machine will shutdown eventually.

This is my take on it, I might try some other things, and see what I can work out, I never considered it to be a major problem personally, so didn't worry about it! :D

if u still having problem, uninstall the norton and then go ot program files/common files adn seee there got symantec folder. rename it to something else or delete the whole folder. Then install back. Give a try

gwengineer

That is just the issue....sometimes the machine will not shut down.
I think I will uninstall all of Norton and everything Symantec and go back to
McAfee. Just as "darjana" suggests.
Thanks for everybody's help.....Norton's Internet Security is just not for me.
GW

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online