ccapp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

inuyasha62

Well, when I'm shutting down my xp computer, it says ccapp isnt responding, and i have to end it or the computer cant shut down. i searched for it on my system, and it belongs to norton internet security. Is this file necessary? can i delete it? if so, how can i delete it?

Thanks

Its absolutely necessary if you want to carry on running NIS. This is a common problem with the bloated NIS application suite taking too long to respond to the "kill" command at system shutdown. Your computer isn't really quite fast enough to run the version of NIS that you have installed comfortably. Often if left to itself it will end without having to click the button, but may take too long even for that.

Click end now, or you can manually unload programs from your system tray before shutting down to help windows shut down NIS quicker.

inuyasha62

Well, when I'm shutting down my xp computer, it says ccapp isnt responding, and i have to end it or the computer cant shut down. i searched for it on my system, and it belongs to norton internet security. Is this file necessary? can i delete it? if so, how can i delete it?

Thanks

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
The ccapp.exe process is a core component of Norton. It runs in the background continuously checking your system for viruses and trojans, it also checks any inbound email for similar threats. If this process is stopped Norton will not be able to protect your computer.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Norton software.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online