1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CCC - Catalyst Control Center major error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vhs321, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vhs321

Vhs321 Thread Starter

ok, so i got a Radeon X1550 and now i need some help.

I never bothered before, but now i need to disable triple-buffering in CCC to not get an error in a game (Quake wars FTW) but, i tried to open it, and i get the 'Framework' error, saying that i dont have the 2.0 requirement. I downloaded and installed it, but now when i try to open CCC I get this:

Could not load file assembly 'CLI.Implementation, Version=2.0.2720.25027, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

[OK]

Please help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you have installed .NET framework already, and you should also visit the Windows update site and make sure you also have the Service Pack and patches for .NET 2.0, then all you need to do is uninstall the ATI drivers and reinstall them to resolve the error. .NET framework 2.0 needs to be installed prior to installing the ATI drivers, so reinstall the drivers now will fix that error.

If you're going to reinstall the driver then you should make sure you have the latest one: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

3. Vhs321

Vhs321 Thread Starter

Thank you so much Triple6

4. Vhs321

Vhs321 Thread Starter

how would i go about uninstalling a driver?

i cant get into the control center, and the only things i can uninstall is the codecs, which deletes the whole card, and uninstall utility, which uninstall everything involving the video card...ill uninstall everything and use a system driver while i install the new driver...wow i hope this works...

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Same as with any other program, there's an ATI Software uninstall in Add or Remove Programs int he Control Panel that will uninstall the drivers.

6. Vhs321

Vhs321 Thread Starter

ok, i did the uninstall thing, but i ended up having to do a system restore, which its still working on doing (im on another pc) because it deleted everything, and i dont have the install disc. so, is there anything else?

7. Vhs321

Vhs321 Thread Starter

ill have to search the program files and delete them manually i guess, or look closer still in the add/remove programs.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What do you mean it deleted everything?

You can try installing the ATI drivers over top of the old ones if uninstalling the current ones keeps failing.

Don't delete any files manually, that'll only cause more problems.

9. Vhs321

Vhs321 Thread Starter

ok, you caught me just in time, Triple6. what i mean is, it COMPLETELY wiped the software, EVERYTHING, on restart, it gave me the 'New hardware found' wizard, i mean EVERYTHING. the system restore brought me back where i need to be, so ill just try writing over the first one when i already have the .NET framework 2.0 installed.

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Its suppose to come up with New Hardware Found after uninstalling the ATI drivers, because we removed the drivers so that we could install the new ones.

11. Vhs321

Vhs321 Thread Starter

well, i dont have the install disk...

12. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    And you don't need one if you download the driver from the link I posted above.

When the Found New Hardware wizard pops up just keep clicking NEXT and then FINISH. It will not install the correct driver but thats fine, click Next and Finish anyway. Then run the ATI Catalyst driver you downloaded and it will install the latest drivers.

13. Vhs321

Vhs321 Thread Starter

i tried your link, it just gives me a 27.2 KB file, when clicked, takes me to a webpage that says i have insufficient access.

sorry i didnt post this earlier.

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The link works for me, are you going to that link or trying to save that link. You need to go to that link and then it will show you the download.

15. Vhs321

Vhs321 Thread Starter

k, scratch that, after 6 tries it downloads right. ill try it again.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice