Ccleaner Bug in version v5.74.8198

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Snuffleufflegus

Joseph
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit, Build 7601, Installed 20151224160419.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, 1797 MB
Hard Drives: C: 449 GB (401 GB Free);
Motherboard: Intel Corp. Base Board Product Name, ver Base Board Version, s/n Base Board Serial Number
System: INSYDE, ver TOSQCI - 1, s/n 8B456603W
Antivirus: None

So i updated to the latest version of Ccleaner.
In doing so,there seems to be some issues.
In the "options/settings" i unchecked "Run Ccleaner when the computer starts",and disabled it through the msconfig utility.
However,upon reboot,it starts up.
Although when i checked the settings again,it was "unchecked".I then went back to the msconfig utility,and again,it was in the startup list
to start when the computer starts.
So i repeated my steps,making sure it was disabled in the settings and in the msconfig utility,plus i made sure it was disabled
through autoruns.
I rebooted and wouldnt yah know it,it started again at startup.
I completely uninstalled it,wiping any and all traces from my computer,including the registry.
I reinstalled and still having the same exact issue.
And then it decides to change the language on me by itself..lol..like it has a mind of it's own.
Frustrating needless to say.
Should i dump it and go back to an earlier version,or should i just dump it all together?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Joseph:
Load Piriform Cleaner 5.74.8198.
Go to Tools - Startup.
Click the Scheduled Tasks and Windows Services sections.
It's my guess an entry in one or both sections needs to be highlighted and then disabled.

--------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Snuffleufflegus

Joseph
Joseph:
Load Piriform Cleaner 5.75.8198.
Go to Tools - Startup.
Click the Scheduled Tasks and Windows Services sections.
It's my guess an entry in one or both sections needs to be highlighted and then disabled.

--------------------------------------------------

Checked both.There was only one task in windows services.
I rechecked the settings and its still unchecked for startup,disabled it in the msconfig again,
and disabled it in autoruns.
Upon reboot,it started up again.everything i did reverted back as if i never touched it.

Snuffleufflegus

Joseph
Going to give "Wise Disk Cleaner" a try.
Seems to work fine.No issues so far like i was having with ccleaner.
Pretty quick,minimal settings.
I might like this :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I use Piriform CCleaner 5.74.8198 (free version) in all of my Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers.
It doesn't load during startup in any of them.
There must be one or two settings you have enabled that I don't. :unsure:

-------------------------------------------------

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
A couple of bugs which affect me:
The ‘save settings to .ini file’ gives an error & resets everything to default settings & CCleaner‘s icon in the notification area closes itself (after cleaning or checking for updates?).

I have been using Privazer for some time now and have never had any problems. It can be used in Basic or Advanced mode and does a very thorough job: https://privazer.com/en/review.php

It is not a 'set and forget' tool, at least not at first, and users need to pay attention to the information that a scan produces. I am arrogant enough to use it in 'Advanced' mode and, depending on how the settings are adjusted, it will remove material from the Registry unless you cancel that option. I prefer to use the options to create a Restore point and backup the Registry before each scan and, over many years of use, I have never needed to use either of them to 'rescue' my system.

Snuffleufflegus

Joseph
I use Piriform CCleaner 5.74.8198 (free version) in all of my Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers.
It doesn't load during startup in any of them.
There must be one or two settings you have enabled that I don't. :unsure:

-------------------------------------------------

all settings are disabled as in the previous versions.
the only settings i can seem to find were in the settings,scheduled task's,msconfig,and autoruns.
after disabling everything and rebooting,it reset itself to restart in the msconfig utility and autoruns,but no where else.I have missed nothing. atleast i cant find any other settings.
I never had this issue in the previous versions.I only had to uncheck the box in the ccleaner settings to not start when the computer starts and it was good to go.

crjdriver

I just gave wise disk cleaner a look; seems like it does a good job AND does not want to run at startup OR install AVG.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online