1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CCleaner "Old Prefetch data" setting warning

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by redoak, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten Thread Starter

Go to this Thread as a starter: http://forums.techguy.org/t405287.html

There is strong objection at at least two sites I have found to "CCleaner's" recent inclusion of the option to delete "Prefetch" entries from the "XP" system.

See "System>Old Prefetch data" in the CCleaner menu. It appears that this item should not be checked.

{redoak} :)

2. John Burns

John Burns

Thanks for the "heads up". I checked several sites thru Google and most agree this can be a problem. I have now unchecked "Old Prefetch Data" and will try it that way. Appreciate the info.

3. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Thanks redoak for the info..;)

4. Mastertech

Mastertech

Here is a detailed description of what CCleaner does and why it slows down your system.

CCleaner Cripples Application Load Times

Read more at the link.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/405302