1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ccleaner Or Glary Utilities

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mattytun, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mattytun

mattytun Thread Starter

hi i run Ccleaner but was looking at glary utilities whats the best in terms of effectiveness and user friendliness

2. Writenow

Writenow

I have both of these applications. CCleaner ate some of my settings and destroyed file associations every time I used it until I finally figured out how to dodge the damage. I should have done a little more reading and I have learned to be very cautious with this type of program. It has always been good to clean up temp files and internet junk. You have to be very careful, as I'm sure you already know, about what is checked/ticked before you run it, and back up the registry first. Yes, I still use it. It also has a great forum, and online help, not only related to CCleaner but other software and just about anything you want to talk about.

Glary is nice looking, very easy to use. It is updated so often I have trouble keeping up. It automatically copies the registry before making any changes, so you don't have to remember to do it yourself each time. It is very nice. Don't be afraid to give it a try. If you like CCleaner ,you will like Glary Utilities but ALWAYS be careful with these programs, they can be dangerous.

3. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

4. Stephen47

Stephen47

why not just leave the registry alone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!