CCleaner won't clean file - is it a virus?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

seemeflyhi

I have run c-cleaner 4 times and it won't clean this file.. then I ran Ad-Aware and it said I didn't have any spyware. Also I have AVG antivirus program and it runs once a day and hasn't found any viruses either.. I have Windows XP. I am getting worried that this may be some kind of hidden virus or something because I am getting all kinds of strange emails lately, some of which I did open, but none had attachments... but I send to the spam button on yahoo or delete them.

Here is the file that won't clean"

C:\DOCUME~1\Beverly\LOCALS~1\Temp\IadHide5.dll 24.04KB

How can I get rid of this file, and/or find out if it is a virus or spyware? My computer is running a lot slower too.

Thanks!

I found this on Google; http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/iadhide5.dll.html It isn't an answer to your question because, as some of the responses note, backweb can be a perfectly legitimate tool for automatic updating but it can also be used for illegitimate purposes.

Wait and see if you get a more helpful response from someone who has actually had the same problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online