1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved CCleaner

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by RED CLOUD, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RED CLOUD

RED CLOUD Thread Starter

Dear Friends,

For a long time I have used the free version of C Cleaner on both my Windows 10 Desktop and Laptop computers without any problems until now. I have the latest version (5.44.6575 64 Bit) on both computers.
    The software on the Laptop is working correctly but it will not run on the Desktop. When I click on the shortcut on the Desktop screen the software opens as usual but when I click on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen instead of "Running" the programme shuts down and returns to the normal desktop.

I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and also tried to run it as Administrator but with no success. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank You

Red Cloud

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  3. RED CLOUD

RED CLOUD Thread Starter

Dear Noyb,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. May I say first of all that I am 76 years old and whilst reasonably comfortable in actually using a computer I am not particularly good with the technical side of matters. I downloaded the Portable C Cleaner and believe I successfully extracted the files . In my Downloads folder I have a folder listed as CC Setup544, this folder contains the following files :-
    Lang / C CLEANER EXE. / c cleaner.ini / C CLEANER 64.exe / License.txt / portable.dat

But I am afraid this is where I came completely unstuck as I had no idea from this point how to open and use the programme. I did right click on C CCLEANER 64exe. to put a shortcut on the desktop but clicking on this,brought up an "empty" C Cleaner page which disappeared after a few seconds. I am sorry to be such a nuisance and will fully understand if you do not wish to take this matter any further due to my lack of knowledge, in which case I will pay a local computer expert to sort the matter out.

Kind Regards,

Red Cloud:confused:

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Sounds like you did it right ...
    But did you get ALL the download (files) to the CC Setup544 folder ?

You need all the files in the CC Setup544 folder ..... (whatever you named it)
    I've attached my folder content....
    Then a shortcut to CCleaner64.exe should work

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  5. RED CLOUD

RED CLOUD Thread Starter

Dear Noyb,

Thank you very much for your continued patience, I feel very embarrassed having to keep bothering you. The yellow folder CC Set up 544 is in my main Downloads Folder and when I click on it it reveals the exact same six files listed in your own example, just a very slight difference in two of the KB sizes. I right clicked on C CLEANER 64exe. and this put a shortcut on the desktop, but as mentioned in my previous post when you click on this a "blank" CCleaner page (v.5.44 6575) comes up but disappears after five seconds so I cannot run the programme.

Thank you,

Red Cloud:confused:

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Sounds like the problem is NOT CCleaner.
    I Refuse to move to W10 .... I'm wondering if that's the problem ?
    Anybody ... Help ???

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Why not go back to a version that worked? You really do not need the "Latest and greatest" unless that update has a fix you need or fixes a problem you are encountering.
    If an earlier version that used to work still will not work now, the problem is a service that got disabled, a windows update, or something similar.

8. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I'd look Here for an older version .. The release date is listed

9. RED CLOUD

RED CLOUD Thread Starter

Dear Noyb and crjdriver,

Thank you both for your kind replies. I think you have both identified the problem, very likely to be a Windows 10 update and not C Cleaner itself. I tried the older version as suggested by Noyb, I downloaded it but when I tried to install I got a message saying this will not run on your machine. As an experiment I then downloaded the up to date version but hit the same problem as mentioned in previous posts. I used C Cleaner to mainly clear temporary internet files and the like so will research to see if there is similar software which will work with Windows 10.

Thank you again for your help.

Red Cloud

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!