CD Autorun Switch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

extwaer

My operating system is WinXP Pro. I have two DVD+RW/-RW/CD dual layer drives connected to the secondary IDE port. Both drives used to autorun CD's when installed, but now, neither drive recognizes the autorun feature of CD's. I knew where the switch was when I used Win98, but I can't locate it in WinXP. Can someone point me to this switch? I would like to restore this feature to both drives. Thanks.

Rukee

Banned
start>my computer>right click the drive>properties>autoplay>select the formats and the action to perform

extwaer

Thanks for that info, but I have already created my associations. The problem seems to be that neither drive reads the CD until I select a file with the "Run" command or from the file manager. They don't see the "autorun.inf" files and respond to them. They don't open music files (even though associations have been set). An application CD does not run the "Setup" file automatically. None of my CD's will automatically start when inserted.

With Win98, I could set this feature in the properties page of the drive in Device Manager, but I don't find this capability in WinXP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online