1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD backup copy - program hunt

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bearbottoms, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bearbottoms

bearbottoms Thread Starter

I'm trying to find an Open Source or Freeware program which will simply copy program disks to a CD as a backup copy. Everything I've found so far, won't copy a backup CD, it wants to make a data CD, or Audio CD, or ISO image.

Any suggestions?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Are you trying to create an image of a bootable partition? I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do from the description.

3. bearbottoms

Let's say I have a MSFlight Sim program CD, used to install the program. I want to copy that CD to a blank CD from which I can use just like the original to install the program. Simply copy the program CD to a backup copy CD.

4. bearbottoms

Ok, I'll try again....Let's say I have 3 program disks (or 4) to install a game. I want to copy those to 3 (4) blank CD's so I can use them to install the program rather than use the originals.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I think you need to visit the TSG Rules, you're asking for help breaking the copy protection of game disks. We don't assist with illegal activities here. Please do not ask for this kind of assistance here.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice