Cd bootable issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kingrahrah

My laptop says no partition bootable what do I do I'm trying to install windows from cd the cd is set first like it's supposed to be but my guess it's trying to use the hard drive even though the cd is set first I tried everything is it the bios or the hard drive the cd is bootable I bought the cd it's also genuine which means real.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
My laptop says no partition bootable what do I do I'm trying to install windows from cd the cd is set first like it's supposed to be but my guess it's trying to use the hard drive even though the cd is set first I tried everything is it the bios or the hard drive the cd is bootable I bought the cd it's also genuine which means real.
What is the brand name and model name and exact model number and exact serial number of your laptop?

What is the version(Home Edition, Professional, Media Center Edition) of Windows XP that is in that CD?

How long ago and where did you buy that CD?

Can you submit an image of that CD so we can see what is on its label?

-------------------------------------------------

Kingrahrah

What is the brand name and model name and exact model number and exact serial number of your laptop?

What is the version(Home Edition, Professional, Media Center Edition) of Windows XP that is in that CD?

------------------------------------------------

Attachments

Kingrahrah

The cd is windows xp professional sp3 reinstall disc. The computer name is dell inspiron 1000. Service tag number 9N8R151. I just bought the cd yesterday. model PP08S

Attachments

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The cd is windows xp professional sp3 reinstall disc. The computer name is dell inspiron 1000. Service tag number 9N8R151. I just bought the cd yesterday. model PP08S
That Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit disc appears to be legitimate.

Hopefully, you didn't pay a lot of money for it because you could've obtained the ISO file for it from HERE for free and created your own install disc.

HERE is the default support site for the Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop.

That model laptop is more than 15 years old, so Dell no longer maintains the support site that would've been assigned to yours.

That model laptop has these primary devices:
SiS 650L graphics
Analog Devices 1981B audio
SiS 900 ethernet
Dell wireless

If you're successful in getting Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit installed and then getting its needed drivers installed, you'll have a long process afterwards with getting it up-to-date to its official date of April 2014 and then to its unofficial date of April 2019.

THIS update guide which I created and tested last year should be very helpful to you.

Kingrahrah

The computer beeps for 2 seconds then still says no partition bootable when using the cd

Last edited by a moderator:
Press F12 to get to the boot menu
Then select ATAPI CD-ROM drive
When prompted press any key to boot from CD

Installing Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 1000

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If the hard drive and the disc drive in that laptop are both functional, and if the disc drive is set first in the boot order in the BIOS, and if the Windows XP disc is in its drive, you should see a Press any key to boot from CD message when you power on that laptop.

When you press any key before the message disappears, Windows XP should start installing in that laptop.

-----------------------------------------------

I disagree with the first part of the video guide in post #8 because a third-party app is NOT needed to format the hard drive.

That can be done while installing Windows XP.

http://www.blackviper.com/os-install-guides/windows-xp-professional-install-guide/

Last edited:

Kingrahrah

If the hard drive and the disc drive in that laptop are both functional, and if the disc drive is set first in the boot order in the BIOS, and if the Windows XP disc is in its drive, you should see a Press any key to boot from CD message when you power on that laptop.

When you press any key before the message disappears, Windows XP should start installing in that laptop.

-----------------------------------------------

I disagree with the first part of the video guide in post #8 because a third-party app is NOT needed to format the hard drive.

That can be done while installing Windows XP.

http://www.blackviper.com/os-install-guides/windows-xp-professional-install-guide/

That message does not show on my laptop press any key to boot from cd.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Does the disc drive work, and is it set FIRST in the boot order in the BIOS?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Make sure the Windows XP disc is in the disc drive.
Turn that laptop off.
Wait 30 - 60 seconds.
Turn it back on.
What happens after you turn it back on?
Does any message or anything else appear on the screen?
If it does, take a photo of it and then submit it here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online