1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD burner and CDROM not functioning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lokey, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lokey

lokey Thread Starter

Hey,

I'm running WIN ME, and a little while ago I installed a memorex CD burner with NERO software, and everything worked great for a few months, burning music cd's. Inexplicably however, the CD burner's icon located in "my computer" completely disappeared, the Nero software stopped working, and even the CDROM is no longer working. The only clue I have is the blue screen error msg when I attempt to access a cd with the CDROM.

"INCDFS(01) + 0005E3FF Error : 0E : 0028 : C1545A5F" is the initial error msg.

When I hit another key at the first blue screen, this second error msg. appears... "VWIN32(05) + 00000BF4 Error : 0E : 0028 : C02A4B7C"

Naturally I assume there is some malicious scheme afoot, and somehow I downloaded something malevolent bundled with some mp3 files (or something) through Kazaa. Sound familiar?

I've run Ad-aware and looked through Hijackthis! but to no avail.

Cheers,

Tor

2. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

There was a Trojan called Ripper that infected mine years ago that made my cd-burner dissappear. Do a full virus scan with norton or if you dont have one
    go here to get avgfree

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

3. lokey

lokey Thread Starter

Cheers! I actually found about 14 trojans that had escaped notice! Coolio!

but the error message still comes up when I try to access a cd in the cdrom...
    "INCDFS(01) + 0005E3FF Error : 0E : 0028 : C1545A5F"

but the second msg. no longer shows.

Cheers again, have a stout for me mate!

Tor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!