1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cd burner does not work in the morning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by john26830, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john26830

john26830 Thread Starter

On my Gateway with a Lite-on cd-burner I can get it to read the cd's & all works good I can even reboot & shut the sysytem completely down & all is ok. But if left off over night the cd drive won't read any cd's the next day until the drive is uninstalled and all drivers reinstalled then it will work all day. I get NO error messages & everything looks the same even when the drive won't read the cd but at that time I can burn to a blank but not read it ! I am running XP I did a system restore that did nothing.
    Any info would help Gateway is sending me a new drive but I dont think it's a def. drive .
    Thanks . John

2. slipe

slipe

Try refreshing the IDE channel the burner is on in device manager. I have a SCSI burner that goes AWOL from time to time and the only thing that helps is to remove the SCSI card in device manager and reboot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice