1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD burner - help!!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by theberlig, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theberlig

theberlig Thread Starter

Back yet again with more questions. Received help with installing my new CD burner, now having problems with NTI CD-Maker. Have been unable to burn audio file. I keep getting this message:

The format of file ICAN~.wav is not supported. Supported formats include:
    1. wave file
    2. audio track file
    3. mp3 file
    Would you like to add this file anyway and record it?

I checked into the error messages from the website for the CD Maker program and only found this:
    Solution: CD-Maker 2000 only supports wave files that meet the CD quality standard of 44.1KHZ, 16-bit Stereo. You must convert your wave files to this format or use other CD quality wave files for this operation.

It doesn't say how to convert the files. Any help? Also what is an .ink or .lnk file? Some of the music my son has downloaded has that? Let me also say - I don't know alot about computers except the baics and if I'm not giving you enough info please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Tam

2. ezymony

ezymony

Sounds like you are going to have to change you music to a format that your burner can use winamp will work.winamp.com

3. slipe

slipe

Try recording it with Feurio. The demo is full featured and never expires – like WinZip. It is specifically for recording audio so it might recognize some more formats. http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml It might at least give you more information about the files.

You might just try changing the file extension. If it is about 1Mb/minute try changing it to MP3. If it is over 5Mb/minute change it to WAV. Some servers don’t let you upload and download MP3s, so they change the file extension to something innocuous so the server will accept it. I don’t think INC is an audio extension.

4. theberlig

theberlig Thread Starter

Thanks I'll give it a try.
    Again, thanks for the help.
    Tam

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice