1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Burner is very Moody

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by nemoryer, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nemoryer

nemoryer Thread Starter

Hi. I have Windows XP. I also use iTunes for my Nano.

After Comcast switched to Norton from McAfee, I started having lots of problems, esp. with CD burning. I never had problems before and I know it's not the CD burner that's broken because sometimes I can get it to work, but with much frustration, trial and error, and since I am NOT COMPUTER SAVVY.

My main problem is when I go to iTunes. Yesterday I attempted to burn a CD from one of my playlists (which incidentally the songs are NOT IN MY LIBRARY, just on playlist), it refused to burn and kept on ejecting the disc after 2 tracks. I've wasted 4 good blank CDs.

However, there are days when the burner does not want to twirl at all.

To get it twirling and working, I go to
    Start/Set Program Access/Custom/ then I take out Internet Explorer and click on itunes and it will work. Sometimes I have to click on I-E and iTunes to make it to work. I find it's the different combinations that will make it work, but not always the same combinations.

I find myself trying to do this many different ways under "CUSTOM" with its different settings to get it working. It's Hit or Miss.

Short of having to take my laptop to the Geek Squad which I can't really afford this time, is there an easy fix to this, considering I am a computer moron?

I am pretty sure it is not my CD burner, I think it's the connection somewhere that needs to be tweeked to make it work again (before I had Norton). I don't know what Norton did to my computer since I gave them remote access when this all happened, and nothing got fixed.

Thank you in advance. It is very frustrating.

2. TekTime

TekTime

What's the make/model of your laptop?

3. nemoryer

nemoryer Thread Starter

It's a Toshiba Sattelite I got at BestBuy in 2005. It's pretty much a P-O-S! If you get my drift.

Thank you.

Romy

4. TekTime

TekTime

Have you tried using different burning programs to see if the problem could be the software that you are using? Another good thing to do would be to clean the drive with a good laser/disc cleaner to make sure there are no "dirt" related reading issues with the drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice