1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd burner not working after recovery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ABQDamian, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABQDamian

ABQDamian Thread Starter

Hi, I recently purchased a new computer. I want to give my old computer (HP Pavilion) to my brother-in-law so I ran the recovery discs. Everything worked great except that I had my cd burner upgraded a couple of years after I purchased it and after running the recovery discs (with the format) the computer says that it is an unsupported drive and I can't use it as a burner (CD-R). It seems that it can be used as a cd ROM because I can play music CD's from it. To comlicate matters further, The guy that upgraded my burner didn't give me any discs that might have come with it. I am not even sure what brand it is except that it has "Just Link 48x12x48x" on the front of it. Can you help me? Thanks PS my OS is Windows ME

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What CD burning do you currently have? There may be an update to support new drives.

Check the HP site for your model of computer to download any software updates to the CD burning software.

Here's a link to some free software if you can find or get updates to your software: http://www.deepburner.com/

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You will need a CD burning package. Either Roxio EZCd or Nero Burning from ahead.Usually there are no drivers for CDrw's that come with them. But they nearly always come with a CD for the burning software. I say usually, if it was purchased as an OEM drive it may not have come with anything except the drive. If you were to purchase a burner program I would suggest the Roxio.

Windows XP comes with the capabilities for CD burning I am not sure about WinME. You could possible download Windows media player 9 I thinnk it has burning capabilities built in.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice