1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd burner problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doberman, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Doberman

Doberman Thread Starter

Whenever I want to create a CD from Easy CD Creator a Check Media message window pops up which says: Please insert blank CD into the CD-recorder. And there already is a blank CD in the recorder. I have a Acer 1032A model burner. I've tried everything including updating the drivers. Could there be something wrong w/ the lens or the burner itself? Any suggestions? My O/S is Windows 98. THANKS!

2. XbrvhrtX

XbrvhrtX

has the burner had any probs reading any other disks?? or just blanks...maybe a bad batch..., you may try a lense cleaner, maybe try some other burning software...see if you get similar message, if you have probs reading disks in general it sounds like a new burnrer is best

3. Doberman

Doberman Thread Starter

Yeah, it won't read any other cd's either...audio, games, etc.

4. XbrvhrtX

XbrvhrtX

last resort to check ide cables etc inside make sure they are all seated corectly..try the lense cleaner but it may not do any good, if it read some disks but not others this might have helped but it sounds more like the burner is goosed

5. Doberman

Doberman Thread Starter

I checked all the IDE connections and they're alright. I did run an ASPI check and it stated that it was not properly installed and one of the components was replaced with an older version. Do you think this could be the problem? Should I run Force ASPI to try and correct this? By-the-way...THANKS for all your help!

6. flyeater

flyeater

I have a 98 machine with an Acer CD-RW. I found that 98 bieng what it is I routinely had to reinstall the software to burn CDs. Guess it would just "leak" on 98. Works fine for awhile then about every month I reinstall all the CD-RW software & drivers.

7. XbrvhrtX

XbrvhrtX

it probably wont hurt , but without knowing when the ASPI files changed it wont guarantee a fix...if you have had a slow burn out of lense over time, for example if your disks have been read sometimes but not others chances are its a lense prob and the burners dead...a sudden burn out makes you think it might be something else...but that ( just stops working ) is the most common reason (having been there myself on a few occasions). I believe a new burner is required...if you got the time you could try replace the ide lead...or try another device on existing lead...update ASPI communications...borrow your mates burner etc etc...but chances are it should have a viking funneral:D and treat yourself to a new one

8. Doberman

Doberman Thread Starter

I've tried everything possible...time for a new burner! Thanks for your guys' help!

9. Doberman

Doberman Thread Starter

Tried old burner in my mom's comp...it didn't work in hers either. Bought a new burner. Everythings working now!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice