1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd burner problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tribal24, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tribal24

tribal24 Thread Starter

ok i need help my cd burner is no longer working i think its a windows error i cant even copy from cd to drive when i try to burn real player real player says " Your computer is currently configured with a generic cd rom driver which may result with saving tracks to your libary" the burning and real player thing seem to be the same problem they started happening at the same time. i have winme by the way

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

go and get a real driver. The driver for your CD Drive is missing or corrupt and Windows has relpaced it with a pile of garbage generic one. You need a real one. The one that is for your CD Drive.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You don't need special drivers for CD drives. Generic ones allow you to read disks. Boot from a boot disk with CD-ROM drivers. If you still can't read anything from the drive, it's a hardware failure.

4. aarhus2004

aarhus2004 Gone but always remembered

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice