1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cd Burner Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shem49b, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shem49b

shem49b Thread Starter

My computer is a clone Intel Celeron 667MHz, 64MB SDRAM Memory, 20GB Hard Drive, Floppy Drive, 8MB AGP Video and Sound Card, 52x CDROM, Matsonic MS7308D Motherboard, Windows ME and Microsoft Office 97

I recently installed a CD Burner 20x 10x 40x, I cant burn Cd at 20x, so I went to 16x then to 12x but I keep getting a system error message...press ctl+del+alt or press any key to continue.But when I do this I loose all my data and I have to start all over again.

Im a dental assistant and I have to take continue education courses constantly and I really need a burner to help store data. Please help.....

2. $teve

$teve

welcome to t.s.g shem...............could you write down the exact error message you are getting:)

3. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Did you buy blank CDR disks that can burn at those speeds?

4. john_waldrum

john_waldrum

You may also have to many open programs running at the same time you are trying to burn a cd. Try to burn at a slower speed say 8X or 4X these usually don't take very long.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62536

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice