1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cd Burner Trouble

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hahahaha, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hahahaha

hahahaha Thread Starter

My computer came with a CD burner called: Easy CD Creator, at first it worked fine but now about 1/3 of the way through recording it stops and shows an error message saying: track following error then it says flush failed then finally command retry failed can anyone help me i really want to get back burning CDs thanks

2. redfrost

redfrost

The best thing you can do is remove Easy Cd from your system. Go out and get yourself Nero. Easy Cd has a bad habit of reconfiging your computer and will never be able to burn a backup copy of a cd for you.. it is the worst burning software on the market in my opinion.
    Also if you do have other burning software on the Computer it will interfere with them as well.
    How much memory do you have?
    What is the Burner?

3. Wino

Wino

Not knocking Nero, but run Adaptec/Roxio v. 3.0 (HP CD-RW), 4.0 (ACER CD-RW) & 5.0 (TDK CD-RW) on three different computers with nary a problem.

Would suggest you go to the Roxio web site and update whatever version you have and to look thru their FAQ's & Information data base to resolve problem.

http://www.roxio.com/

Depending on your computer system, it may just be a simple thing to just reduce recording speed to 2X or 4X to see if problem is resolved.

More info on your system, CD-RW model & brand, and version of EZCD you are using may allow someone to help you find the answer to your problem, prior to running out to buy another burner program.

Wino

4. kitmac

kitmac

Hi all,

Nero isn't better than EZCD and vice-versa.

Like most software, some people just like one program over another for any number of reasons.

I use both for different tasks and find them both useful in their own way.

They both work in different ways and that can be a problem - or an advantage.

Example: When my PC's IDE bus was playing up, Nero trashed disk after disk because of the way it caches/writes data.

But EZCD didn't trash a single one - any problem would stop the write process before it could start. So, I could rely on that software when the hardware let me down.

That said, NERO allows you to write to the new higher-capacity disks (90+ minutes), is much better at making and burning (its own - .nrg) Images, and has few problems with burning in 'Raw' mode - if you want to back-up your console games, etc.

Anyway - as regards the error, I would try uninstalling EZCD creator, check everything is ok with your burner, then try reinstalling EZCD or Nero.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
    Kit

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!