1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Burner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sls1982, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sls1982

sls1982 Thread Starter

I am having trouble with my CD burner. I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum running on Win XP. Never had problems with it until this point. Burner will work fine on everything except for burning mp3s to a CD. It will burn data cds and burn CDs. It goes through the normal process of burning mp3s but then the drive reads empty when obviously there is a CD in it and there are clearly burn marks on the CD-R. If someone can offer a suggestion, it's greatly appreciated. TIA!

2. barfly

barfly

I had similar problems with easy 5 but when i changed to nero 5.5 everything was ok
    i have a feeling that easy does not like some writers

3. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

The first thing to check, especially with WinXP, is to be sure you are running the latest version. EZCD Creator 5 was put out before WinXP and had challenges with it. If you open EZCD and click on the little icon in the upper left, select "about" and it will tell which version you are running. To work with XP it should be 5.02b ,that's the XP "patch".

4. sls1982

sls1982 Thread Starter

My version is 5.1 something. Where can I get this patch for XP? It's funny cause it used to work burning mp3 CDs, I can't figure it out and I consider myself pretty computer literate.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice