CD Burner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sls1982

I am having trouble with my CD burner. I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum running on Win XP. Never had problems with it until this point. Burner will work fine on everything except for burning mp3s to a CD. It will burn data cds and burn CDs. It goes through the normal process of burning mp3s but then the drive reads empty when obviously there is a CD in it and there are clearly burn marks on the CD-R. If someone can offer a suggestion, it's greatly appreciated. TIA!

I had similar problems with easy 5 but when i changed to nero 5.5 everything was ok
i have a feeling that easy does not like some writers

The first thing to check, especially with WinXP, is to be sure you are running the latest version. EZCD Creator 5 was put out before WinXP and had challenges with it. If you open EZCD and click on the little icon in the upper left, select "about" and it will tell which version you are running. To work with XP it should be 5.02b ,that's the XP "patch".

sls1982

My version is 5.1 something. Where can I get this patch for XP? It's funny cause it used to work burning mp3 CDs, I can't figure it out and I consider myself pretty computer literate.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online