cd burner ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crellin

I have an older model HP cd writer Model 8200plus. I can d/l music to my cp and burn sucessfully. I cannot however copy an exact copy from another cd. It will run for a while and then it will stop and give a msg basically that states it cannot copy the data fast enough.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so was it fixed?.

Thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Slow it down to a slower speed in the burning program.

crellin

thanks for the reply, according to what I can see I can set it to 1x 2x 4x and don't limit maxium write speed.

If you would care to venture an opinion which would you set it to.

Again, Thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I just tried a burn on mine at 1x and the slowest it would go, even though I had that choice, was 2x. Still having problems with the burn. It's a DVD though :(

crellin

I tried to burn a cd using 2x, when it started it said it would take 36 min. it got within 4 mins. and I got the "Problem reading data fast enough from your cd rom-drive". It did copy 23 out of 25 songs using the exact match.

I'm not to good at understanding the 1x,2s etc. I might mention that I was using a memorx cd 40.x700x80mins.

I had previously had the writer set at "dont limit maxium speed".

I can't remember where I found it and cannot remember which one of the speeds is the fastest, I think that 1x is fast.

Thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
1X is the slowest burn. Have you tried other media?

crellin

No I haven't, my old cp went down and my son built this one for me, I have sony a buner with nero softward in that one but he kept it, I bought him a liteon cd/dvd burner and he was going to give me my nero back, however I had the nero d/l in my d/drive, when he redid my cp he had to remove d/drive and this cp would not let me d/l nero to my c/drive.

So I put the hp writer back, I can burn cd's with out any problems if I run the music thru a coverter which I am sure you know will convert to wave.

I also noted which I failed to mention in my previous post that when it failed I saw a buffer underrun which I know some about. I get a little mixed up on the 1x's etc.if it states that the cd-rom drive was not run data fast enough should I try 1x or 4x.

Thanks I appreicate you information.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I'd seriously try different media. Also, when you are using it, shut down background programs INCLUDING any virus programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online