1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Burner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rocky1, Dec 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocky1

Rocky1 Thread Starter

For the first time, I have purchased a CD Burner..it is an HP CD-Writer 8200 Series. The Package says it is a 4X4X6X USB...I have it all connected and have used it....I will be using it primarily to record music...Anyway, after recording several CD's, I attempted to play them back over my computer which is equipped with a CD/DV ROM.....They do not play.....but when I place them into a regular CD player, they start right up.....I used Memorex CD-R 16X CD's...The box of CD's state they are compatible from 1X to 16X...Should I be using some other type of Blank CD?

2. slipe

slipe

The old HPs were picky about what media would play in certain players. I’m not sure from your post where the burned CDs aren’t working.

If they are playing OK in all of your entertainment players but not on the DVD then I wouldn’t change brands – just play them on the computer with the burner. It works fine as a reader.

If you are having trouble playing them in one of your entertainment players you might try a different brand. Memorex are usually OK, but some players like certain brands for some reason.

If you are using the original Adaptec 3.5 that came with the burner download Feurio. It is a program just for burning audio. It will convert MP3s and equalize the volumes for a pro sounding recording. Their demo is full featured and never expires – like WinZip. http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!