CD Burners

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PODNickerz

lez give alittle more info...

i burned the cd using nero
and after that, i put it back in and the computer can't read from it, the burner only has a blinking green light when it tries to read from the cd !

I have found that although burners have a rated burn speed of 24x, 32x, etc., none will actually do that. I don't know why for sure; but, I suspect that it can be several reasons. I have found that if I want read-reliability, that I should never burn faster than 8x in my 32x burner. I have burned at 24x successfully; but, that is a rare thing. 12x is almost always successful; but, 8x is 100% good. 32x, the rated speed of my current burner, produces 100% failure.

For informational purposes, I'm running:
P4 1800-MHz processor on a DFI board
512 Megs of DDR RAM
Acer/BenQ 32-10-40 burner

Also, I have had the same result with about 7 burners so it isn't just the burner. Also, I have used several different well-known name-brand CD-Rs (Verbatim, Memorex, etc.) rated at 24x or higher.

I agree with Alex. I run a newer TEAC 32X burner and use Nero. I always slow it to no more than 8X, 4X for highest quality and if I really want to ensure the CD will last.

Escrivner

PODNickerz

o, i didnt know that... :(
because i did it at the same speed with another cd 2 days ago and didn't encounter probs i did today
Thanks

anyway, escrivner , what did u mean when you said to ensure that the cd will last? do you mean the cd will only last for a year or something
:confused:

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
There are many reasons for CD's to come as coasters. You may have mismatched the speed of the media and player. If your media is rated at 8x, recording it at a faster rate may be problematic. If you want lots of reading about CD media and capabilities, cruise over to CDR-Info.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online