1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Burning all mixed up

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by unstresst, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. unstresst

unstresst Thread Starter

Have you successfuly burned music to a disk?......is the following backwards upside down etc etc??
    ------------
    I hear that you have to use CD-RW disks and that you should get many song on a disk and when finished the disk should play on many CD players.

My burning and burned disks are acting contrary to what they say is correct way to burn disks

I have two CDR disks that have audio 'burned' on them....the disks have capacity of 700 MB
    Windows media will only burn 60MB and then says disk is full.
    Mix-up # 2 Only the CDR disks will play in my CD player.......I've burned music to a couple of CD-RW disks and they wont play on the CD player

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Actually, most stand-alone CD players won't play from a CD-RW disk. You need to use CD-R disk for music disks.

As far as the capacity of those disks, my guess is you're burning WMP or MP3 files and thinking when they're converted to audio, they'll be the same size. Not true. :)

3. emoxley

emoxley

Windows media isn't the best burning software either. If you didn't get Nero, or other software with your burner, find another burning software online. I use Nero, so I'm not real familiar with the free internet stuff, by name.

You can probably find something at http://www.download.com or http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html
    Good luck!

4. unstresst

unstresst Thread Starter

===============
    Does that mean you've burned some music and had it turn out right?
    I used Nero......was told to use a CD-RW disk and to burn mp3 files to it.......that disk wont play on my CD player.......but the CD-R disk with the cda files burned by windows media will play---[the cda files started as mp3 but were converted when burned

5. emoxley

emoxley

Yes, I have burned a lot of music to disc. As was said...........most players won't play CD-RW's. Use CD-R discs for music.
    When you open Nero, make sure you have the CD tab picked, in stead of the DVD tab, and choose "Music", then "Make Audio CD". Here is what Nero help says:

F.Y.I.! If you want to make audio CDs from existing MP3/mp3PRO music files you don't need to convert these files into WAV files first. Nero includes a free MP3/mp3PRO decoder, than automatically converts your MP3/mp3PRO files into the appropriate format while you burn your audio CD. The audio CD can then be played on all commercially available CD players (and most DVD players), provided that the player can read CD-R (or CD-RW if you recorded on a CD-RW) discs.
    To make your own MP3/mp3PRO files (using music from your audio CDs or audio files in supported formats such as WAV) you need the Nero MP3/mp3PRO encoder, which can be purchased separately. You can find out more about the MP3/mp3PRO encoder in chapter 5.3 or simply visit the Ahead website at www.nero.com

So, if you're adding mp3 files to the window, when you click "Burn", Nero should automatically convert the mp3's to WAV files, which will play almost anywhere. If it's not converting to WAV files, you have chosen to burn as mp3 or WMA, which don't play everywhere, like WAV files do.

As I said............make sure you're in the CD tab options first (when you double click on Nero, to open it, the first window that opens, has a CD tab and a DVD tab, in the upper right hand corner). When you move your curser over the music note, the option to "Make Audio CD" will appear. Choose that, and add your mp3's to that window, and burn from there. Your mp3's will be converted to WAV files automatically, and should play about anywhere. If not, something is wrong with your Nero. If that doesn't work, report back, and we'll go from there.
    Good luck!

Sorry to get so long winded.............. :)

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

7. unstresst

unstresst Thread Starter

.....THANX for that ton-o-info emoxley..............

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice