1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd burning problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by killerken, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killerken

killerken Thread Starter

ok here is my problem

5 brand new dvd/cd burners in less than a year, total cd/dvd burned less than 30.

symptoms burner will work great the 1st few times then it will not burn, sometimes it will recognize dvds but not burn to them other times it will not recognize dvds at all only cd's ;currently it will recognize cd's/dvd's but will not burn either

i own a pioneer dvd-rw dvr-110 d less than 3 mnths old

i am using nero express 6 regardless of he file i try to burn it will run through the process and tell me it has burned succesfully but it also showes that it has not accessed my cd burner (idle) so nothing burnes (it does this even if i dont have a cd in the drive)

real player 10 just keeps asking me to insert a cd even thought i have one in the burner

i have uninstalled the burner manually unplugged it and i have uninstalled nero and then did a fresh install

this is happening too often to be a fluke (is it a virus? is it a currupt file)

sorry for the long post but any help (program scans/downloads) would be much appreciated thanks in advance:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Burners are big users of page file memory and often leave little piles of temp files behind. I have cleared up cd problems by the following housekeeping but your mileage may vary.

Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Action>Properties>Advanced>Virtual Memory>Change
    Select the operating system drive and make sure the memory is system managed.

Secondly, use a cleaner program like Easy Cleaner to remove any temporary files that may have been created in the past by cd programs. I actually just delete all of the temp files on a regular basis.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/468669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice