1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd burning question

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by erikacaine, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. erikacaine

erikacaine Thread Starter

I'm using the ez cd creator and it will burn up to the 5th track and then an error will pop up so i'm thinking about using another utility but I was wondering if there is anyway I can erase the cd or burn over whats there, or is it just a wasted cd

2. fireboy69

fireboy69

If it's a CD-R, it's now a coaster. The only ones you have a chance of redoing are the CD-RW's,
    which are optimally used for storing data, not music files. I own a few coasters myself, so I sympathize with ya. :)

3. Rockn

Rockn

Not necessarily. Depends on how much data was written to the CD before it quit. You can sometimes open another session and write more data to it.

4. erikacaine

erikacaine Thread Starter

Well thanks guys it is a cd-r, by the way how do I open another session just go through the motions as if it were a blank?

5. slipe

slipe

You can try doing it that way but it usually doesn’t work. Normally when you write in multi-session the lead in for the next session is written when the previous session is closed.

It wouldn’t hurt to try to recover some of your blank CD that way, but you normally don’t record audio multi-session as most players will read only the first session.

Get the latest update for your EZCD and latest firmware for your burner. EZCD: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/ecdcupdates.jhtml One or the other often fixes the kind of problem you are having.

If you are trying to record directly from the CD-ROM you might have to record at slower speeds as the digital audio extraction rates for most CD-ROMs won’t keep up with most modern burners. Different software would not help.

6. kellyr

kellyr

I have had similar problems, so now I always do just test first, then if it goes ok, then I will do burn only. It sure has saved me a lot of cd's. Also < I believe a lot of it was according to the type of music, if I was doing rock tapes, it seemed to error a lot when it came to some songs, So again I started just running a test to burn, then if it wnt ok, then I just burned afterwards, now no more partial cds written.

7. JHR

JHR

I ended up making my burner as the master on the secondary IdE and messing with the DMA settings on the drive and HDD I believe you need to turn them off (check you trouble shooting chart). The problem usually was with a "writing buffer error" were the HDD and burner got out of sych. I finally took it back to COSTCO and got the newer version with "burn proof" havent had a problem yet and it burns to the max speed usually.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice