1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd burning s/w not recognizing cdrw

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jaybird13, Nov 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaybird13

jaybird13 Thread Starter

my cdrw and oringinal software for burning were working fine until two weeks ago when i started having problems with puter, had to use restore disk and did a full restore. have a compaq presario w/amd athlon 500mhz processor and cdrw that came with it. am running windows 98se. my problem is the burning program "ce quadrant" doesn't recognize that i have a cdrw anymore. have tried to reinstall drivers for cd from restore disk, say installed correctly, but programs don't recognize it. even tried fire burner s/w and it said no cdrw installed. ce quadrant gives me error something like can't find "scsi" and then "no cdrw installed. cd shows up in my computer and can put direct cd backup disk in and it works fine for reading. went to system devices and it shows "cdrw/dvd". started having problems when i went to use nero 5.0 after installing it, also had adaptec direct cd and burning s/w and also ce quadrant. had norton system works 2000 installed intil last night, thought that might have been problem, it wasn't. need help, i really don't want to have to use restore disk again, finally got most all s/w reinstalled after restore. cdrw works as cd-rom and light comes on at bootup but it's a cdrw and i can't use it as a cdrw. desperately need help, been pulling hair out and now don't have much left.:(

2. slipe

slipe

Go here and download the ASPI check program: http://www.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads.htm

If your ASPI flunks download the Force ASPI program from the same page and go here for instructions: http://www.flexion.org/aspi/

If you are still having problems download the latest firmware for your burner and install it. It would be a good idea to update all of the burner software you want to use as well.

If still no joy, uninstall DirectCD. It doesn’t play nice with other software – especially Nero.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice