CD burning speed SLOW!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gimmehelp

I recently upgraded my wife’s computer from WinME (ouch!) to Win2000. Over a few weeks, I have managed to work out virtually every kink, save a few. This one has me stumped.

Her CD burner now burns so slowly that I can recite the entire first four books of the bible before a one-hour music burning effort is over. The support discs that came with her computer were from HP and they support ME. So no help there. It really seems as if it’s burning at 4X or something silly like that.

I’m not certain I know how to provide the information someone on this forum would need to help without being asked for it, but I am trying to get it running. What used to take 5 – 7 minutes now takes, without exaggeration, 45 minutes.

Can anyone help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online