1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved CD Burning using WMP stuck at 99%

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lafnirvana, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lafnirvana

lafnirvana Thread Starter

Every time I try to burn a cd it gets stuck at 99%. This is a new problem. I burned cd's in the past and I did not have this problem. My WMP version is 12.0.177763.475. My burn speed is set to slow. It doesn't happen for every cd burn, but more often than not. Any help appreciated.

Used Sysinfo utility as suggested.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3991 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (810 GB Free); D: 11 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 82F2
    Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Test using a different burning program. I don't make music CD's, but most of my burning is done using ImgBurn.

In any case, if another program can burn without any errors, then it could be a WMP issue. Otherwise, it could simply be the burner or the media (more likely the burner).

3. lafnirvana

I downloaded IMGBURN. But I have been unable to find it. How do I find it?

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The file will be in your download folder. The default download folder location is set by your browser (check the config options for whatever browser that you are using).

5. lafnirvana

Turns out imgburn was not downloaded. Went to try to download and got big red screen warning me not to access software. So I did a search and found a burner app called ashampoo. I downloaded that successfully. BUT only about 20% of the music on my PC is showing up. Any thoughts on getting all music to show up?

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

I had a DVD burner that wouldn't burn CD's anymore, I didn't burn cd's that often but it would burn DVD's fine but not CD's anymore. Thought it was a Windows problem at first.

7. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The only reason that I would suspect files wouldn't appear would be if they are in a format not supported by the burner.

8. lafnirvana

I checked the formats of those tracks showing verses those that don't. It's a mixed bag, no discernable pattern.

9. lafnirvana

Solution. For 99% issue just let burning go on at 99% for about 5 minutes or so. Finally burn completed. As for unable to read tracks I used iTunes instead of WMP.

10. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I have that happen from time to time with DVD's (been quite awhile since I burned a CD).

Glad you got it sorted out.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice