1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Burning

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Roxierose, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roxierose

Roxierose Thread Starter

I have Windows XP, In "My Pictures" uder the tasks I am not giving the option to Copy my pictures to a CD. I am only able to View as a slide show, Order prints or Print pictures. When I go to the help section I shows that I should in deed have that option but I do not? Can you tell me what I need to do.
    Sincerely,
    Roxierose
    Have a good night!

2. Sponsor

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Is there a blank CD in the burner (not the CD-ROM drive)?

4. Hughv

Hughv

Select the pics you want, rt-click/Send To/CD Burner. You could also drag and drop.

5. Roxierose

Roxierose Thread Starter

DoubleHelix, thanks for your response but my problem has nothing to do with having a cd in the driver. I am not giving the option to copy to a CD. Is there someplace else I need to go?
    Sincerely,
    Roxierose

6. stantley

stantley

Do you have any other CD burning programs installed, like Nero or Roxio, it would be better to use one of those programs.

The Copy to CD or drag-and-drop methods aren't very reliable.

7. Hughv

Hughv

In my Computer, rt-click this drive/properties. Under the recording tab, make sure CD Burning is enabled (This will over ride any burning program you may have installed).
    Copy to CD and drag and drop are extremely reliable methods that have never failed me or anyone I know.

8. stantley

stantley

Well, I've helped out many people here at TSG that have had problems accessing files burned on their CD's and the methods they used were either XP's drag and drop or packet writing with other software.

9. Hughv

Hughv

Packet writing is another kettle of fish, and uses a CD-RW. It sucks, but that's not what we're talking about here.

10. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

I'm pretty sure that the "rules" set up for the my pictures folder in XP doesn't give that option like it does in the my music folder. Easiest way to do what it sounds like you are asking would be to right click and choose send to, then choose your CD drive.

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Burning to CD is a standard task listed in the Task Pane in Windows Explorer for a picture folder. If it's not listed, the problem is either that the folder type is not set to Pictures, or, as stated, the Recording tab is missing and recording to CD is not enabled for that drive.

12. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

DH ... I checked, it isn't listed as an option in my my pictures folder task pane (yes recording is enabled for my drive, I can access it via right click). The only time I get the option to copy to CD in the task pane is in music folders.

edit - rooted around a bit and found if the folder only has pictures in it the copy to CD option is listed in the tasks pane. If there are any other file types it is gone, as hugh said right click/ send to drive, done will work just fine.

13. Hughv

Hughv

Select, rt-click/send to, done.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!