CD CDRW jumper problem...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Repro

Problem, cd is master and cdrw is slave. When I try to change jumpers cd rw->master, cd-> slave happens: bios does not find harddrive or cd:s at all. Problem 2, cd does not always accept cd:s, when you try to install something, light blinks, nothing happens and system freezes. Computer is Celeron 400 with Zida!?? motherboard.

Repro,

A little more info, Are both cd's on the same ribbon cable?
Let us know.

When you try switching the master/slave, are you also changing the ribbon cable so the master is at the end and the slave in the connector below it? Try that. It may solve your problem

Repro

First I tried put both cd:s in same cable, problems, bios find harddrive as primary slave. Then I put harddrive and cd in one cable and cd burner in second, everything worked ok sometime but suddenly freezing started again. Computer has had lot of changes lately, I have added memory,usb card, harddrive is new. Could it be problem with new memory? I try that cable change, I'll let you know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online