1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD creator

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Gisèle, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gisèle

Gisèle Thread Starter

I have the Adaptec Easy CD creator and the Music Match Jukebox to create CD`s and both programs when I try to create a CD it only records 2 songs out of the whole CD; but it shows as though it recorded all 18 songs but only two play.???I`ve tried numerous times and it`s always just two songs. It worked fine before?

Help,
    Thank You!!

2. Paul S.

Paul S.

What version(s) are you using? It seems I had similar problems with earlier versions, but since upgrading I have had no such problems.

I have noticed that these programs don't get along well with stuff running in the background. I would also try making sure that your firewall and antivirus are turned off (offline of course).

Hope this helps.

The only problem that plaques me is sometimes the program hangs when I decide not to record something. When I try to remove it from the screen (prior to actually burning obviously) the program goes into slow motion....

3. Gisèle

Gisèle Thread Starter

I am on version 4 of the Adaptec easy CD creator and Music Match Jukebox 6.1; I don`t believe I have firewall and I`ve always used this program without turning off my virus program. Why would it just suddenly start doing this?

4. Paul S.

Paul S.

I would say something changed. Probably some other program that you have installed more recently.

Maybe try turning everything else off. Maybe reinstall the CD burning programs.

5. Gisèle

Gisèle Thread Starter

I did re-download the program and it`s still the same. I`ve even tried a new program totally MUSIC match Juke box.

6. Paul S.

Paul S.

Well if you did that then it does sound like a hardware problem. Maybe search around in the hardware area/reask your question there.

Sorry to have run out of (bad) answers.

7. AlbertB

AlbertB

Afraid I can't help you with the problem Gisele but I can chip in and say that I have always found Roxio's stuff to be VERY flaky and unreliable. I have run it under Win98SE and Win2000Pro and it consistently had trouble, (ie refused point blank), in recognising its own DirectCD formatted discs. I would have to run up its DirectCD utilities version of scandisc which would tell me that there was a problem on the CD did I want it to attempt to fix it, then all of a sudden outside of this the CD would then be recognised and it would tell me it was waiting to be used. It seems to be VERY sensitive to other installed stuff as Paul S has suggested and would screw up a CD burn at the slightest provocation. He is right, all other work has to stop and EVERYTHING in the background has to be switched off, not very confidence inspiring. I am using version 5.1b now and it is a little better but I still find it cumbersome and unreliable in use. In my travels I have seen many people posting in a variety of places who recommend Nero over Roxio!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice