1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD dosent work at all T_T HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hobl, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hobl

Hobl Thread Starter

Well the thing is ...the CD-drive seems not to work in wondows.

i tryed everything i knew of restart, check up the conectors on the machine, go to add new hardware to see if something was wrong ..
    And there is the part that started to creep me >.< ...it said i dont even have a cd drive! O_O i mean i tryed to tell it to search for new hardware and it didnt find anything at all So i wanted to do it manualy but windows just dosent have my Cd-Rw drivers in them (but because it should have them in in the regular windows driver settings i can't download them from anywhere >_< )

Any ideas ...i heard to delete some specific reg keys should work but i dont think i got all of those that i should so i skiped that thought

Oh and the CD-RW works because i tested it on my brothers side of the comp ... ( we have two disks and on one there is linux and on the other windows ...and in linux it works like a charm so nothing wrong with the CDRW-thingy )

Help ish loved T.T

2. bradly

bradly

This can sometimes be a quick fix with regedit. Here are the registry keys to delete:

Delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters"

Delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters"

Delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K\"

Delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k\"

Delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf\"

Delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr\"

Not all of these entries may be showing of course.

Then reboot.

3. Hobl

Hobl Thread Starter

Thanks ^^ ill try it and tell you about the results ..i hope it works tho @[email protected];

but any other ideas what it could be if this dosent work? ^.^ ??

4. Hobl

Hobl Thread Starter

hnnn ..none of those keys are on the comp ...but there are some other upper and lower filters in the other HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\4D36.... compartements ^.^ .

5. bradly

bradly

Yes, delete the upper and lower filters.

6. Hobl

Hobl Thread Starter

Help ...>_< it didnt work

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/367817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice