1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Drive Error "D Drive Not Accessible"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bcap, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bcap

bcap Thread Starter

Hello All

Quick question here.

My CD drive on my Toshiba M40 laptop seems to be acting up. I just formatted my computer and got it up and running again. I go to install some of my programs, but for CERTAIN CD's, it says that D is not accessible (where D is my cd drive) when i double click the drive in my computer.

Now it can't be the disk because i have given the disks that don't work to a friend and they worked fine on his computer.

Agian, my computer only does htis for certain disks, not all, so, i dont know what to do.

Any feedback would be aesome. Thanks in advance.

Bryan

2. Swiper

Swiper

Clean the disks
    perhaps the drive is just going
    are they running in DMA mode (look in device manager, primary/secondary controllers of IDE controller area)

3. bcap

bcap Thread Starter

both say "DMA if available"

4. bcap

bcap Thread Starter

can someone please give me a hand here? i am really frustrated!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice