1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd drive hard disk prob

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sachins, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

Hello fellow tech suppoert guys and gals....
    I brought a hard disk 4 external usage ...Finally I decided to connect it to my pc..I read the internet on how to connect it...and i connected it with power cable inside the pc and with a long cable which was both connected to the cd drive but had a interconntion..wich is used to connect both....nw either the hard disk works or the cd driv waorks...wat should i do?????:confused:

2. Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

Im confused... you say you bought an external drive but your post reads as if your connecting an internal drive...:confused:

If you are connecting an internal drive you should be aware of the Master/Slave jumper settings, sounds like you have both the CDROM and the HDD set as the same.

3. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

Sorry 4 confusing u ...:eek: Mst ve typed wrong...
    I connected an another hard disk(not external) with a power cable and a long flat white cable....which had been split into 2 parts 1st connecting cd drive and i later connected both the HDD and the CD Drive...
    pls anyone who reads pls find a solution 4 another thread i had posted in the games section....:)

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Did you set the jumper correctly on the new drive? If you had an existing drive connected to the end of that cable then it is likely set as Master. You must set the jumper on the new hard drive to Slave if that is the case. Usually there's a little instruction sheet that comes with or its marked on the drive the position of the jumpers.

MS = Master
    SL = Slave
    CS = Cable Select

5. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

No.....I didnt hve a drive preciously connected.......I will try and post...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice