1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD drive keeps randomly ejecting

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tricon7, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tricon7

tricon7 Thread Starter

My CD-ROM drive keeps randomly ejecting, then going back in by itself without me doing anything. I can just sit and watch the computer (a desktop) as it does this. It's also not doing it at regular intervals. It just started doing this, too. I had updated my Java, but that's the only thing I did today; I don't know if it's related.

Is this a symptom of a particular issue? I sure hope this isn't a regular problem, as it drives me crazy while the drive keeps ejecting, then going back in, while I try to work or surf on the Net.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Can you eject with a button from your keyboard?

3. tricon7

tricon7 Thread Starter

If I can, I'm not aware of it. And I'm not pressing one when it decides to eject.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I'm saying this 'cause a lot of multimedia keyboards, like mine, have a button to eject the drive.

Or, your CD-ROM drive is faulty. Could be misalignment from pushing the tray by hand instead of pushing the button.

5. tricon7

tricon7 Thread Starter

It is an older computer.

I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days and see if it continues. Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice