1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Drive not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hummerhummer, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hummerhummer

hummerhummer Thread Starter

I am currently running on safe mode on this lap top. When I start my lap top I get the blue screen with IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error. I have tried to restore it but nothing works. I can not get access to the CD drive, Although I hear it turning when I load a CD. The Drive does not appear on the device manager.
    Any suggestions?

2. silvershield

silvershield

Give us all the details on the error message... There should be a driver name at the bottom of the message ...
    (.....eg... USBPORT.SYS - Address F6EA8BBF base at F6E8F000, DateStamp 3f04cf17 )

3. hummerhummer

The screen disapears quickly. Let me see if I can get all the details

4. hummerhummer

here it is ***Stop:(0X000000B0,0X00000002,0X00000000,0X8052D2B6)

5. seekermeister

seekermeister

When I have had a CD or DVD drive disappear like your's, I have found that shutting down and then unplugging the computer for a minute solved the problem. However, I did not have the BSOD that you have. Checking the stop error, it said something about a problem with " HAL_MEMORY_ALLOCATION"...HAL being the hardware application layer. How to deal with that specifically, I have no idea.

6. hummerhummer

Thanks for your reply.
    I have completely shut down including removing the battery but the problem is still there.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice