CD drive not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LEP-Recon

Hello, I'm having some issues with my CD-drive.

Type: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N

It's supposed to play dvds and cds. It still plays dvds just fine, but when I put in a cd it spins, green light flashes, and then stops and does nothing and refuses to read the cd. Is there much that can be done about this? Or is it just completely fried?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Hi,

The laser in your DVD drive could be out of alignment. Has the drive been subject to any vibration or victim of a knock?

LEP-Recon

Not really. I'm sure it's been somewhat jostled once or twice, but I have no memory of ever full on dropping it.

If I were you I would just replace it to be honest. DVD-RW drives only cost about £15 pounds now thats about $26. You spend ages trying to fix it.

There isn't alot that you can really do for them. I mean you could just replace the laser but that would be almost as expensive and alot more time consuming.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts